We’re out there in the snow-covered backcountry with the REI Co-op Women’s Atlas Montane Snowshoes, putting these snowshoes to the test.
Highlights of the REI Co-op Women’s Atlas Montane Snowshoes
- Aluminum Reactiv frames feature an elliptical shape to increase strength
- Wrapp Swift bindings blend a technical fit with great comfort and ease of use
- Positive toe locators, warm EVA padding and straps that cinch and release seamlessly
- All-Trac toe crampons provide traction in all directions
- Wider traction tabs on the sides and corners
- Stabilock heel traction is weight-activated
- Patented Spring Loaded Suspension suspends the snowshoes close underfoot
- 19° heel lifts reduce fatigue on the ascents
Initial Thoughts on the REI Co-op Women’s Atlas Montane Snowshoes
These snowshoes are awesome for anyone that wants to take up snowshoeing – they feel lightweight and are super easy to put on and take off! The 23″ were perfect (I’m 5’4″) and it did not take very long for the steps to start to feel ‘natural.’
| || |
| || |
What do you think of the REI Co-op Women’s Atlas Montane Snowshoes? Have you tested these yourself? Share your thoughts in a comment below.