Adventure travelers have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to trips around the world. But which ones should you check out?
To help you decide, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) recently released its 2022 Industry Snapshot report, including its “hot” trending adventure activities for this year.
Among them are cycling, trekking, safaris/wildlife viewing, snowshoeing, and culinary and wellness experiences. Here are the top 7 picks for the most sought-after adventure activities in 2022:
1. Cycling Across America: Adventure Cycling Association provides a guided tour for everyone, whether you enjoy riding on roads, gravel, or dirt, or you prefer the convenience of an e-bike. From San Diego to St. Augustine, Florida, you may cycle the country’s Southern Tier.
2. Antarctic Expedition: Adventure Life offers expeditions to Antarctica where you may embrace the spirit of polar adventure. When traveling through the renowned Drake Passage to the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, keep an eye out for seabirds and the first icebergs. As you sail through breathtaking ice cliffs, you may discover the magic of the white continent once you arrive.
3. Yellowstone Adventures: The Wilson Hotel is an adventurer’s base camp and is located in Big Sky, Montana, on the brink of Yellowstone. Visitors to America’s first national park may go hiking, mountain biking, snowshoeing, skiing, and more in and around Big Sky.
4. Ozark Mountain Biking: One of the top mountain biking trail networks in the country has as its background the Ozark Mountains. Sam Walton, the founder of Walmart, founded the first Walton five-and-dime in Bentonville, Arkansas, back in 1950. A state-of-the-art museum, miles of single-track, top-notch dining options, and vibrant shops are available today. With Escape Adventures, explore the area on a brand-new five-day mountain riding trip.
5. Islands, Andes, and Amazon: A 15-day tour offers the chance to discover the fascinating Galapagos Islands, the Amazon Rainforest, and the Ecuadorian Andes, all while staying at Scalesia Galapagos Lodge, Sacha Lodge, and Hacienda Piman. Discover rare flora and animals, go on a trek close to an active volcano, or kayak tannin-rich blackwater rivers and lakes.
6. Italy’s “White Road” Riding: On a brand-new tour with Tourissimo and Ride and Seek, cyclists can savor the cuisine and beverages of one of Italy’s best culinary regions while pedaling through the picturesque Strade Bianche in Tuscany through mountainous vineyards and ancient villages.
7. Jackson Hole Retreat: Look no further than Jackson Hole, Wyoming, if you’re seeking never-ending adventure amidst breathtaking scenery. Visit a national park for the day, such as Grand Teton or Yellowstone, to observe animals up close, take a ropes course, unwind in local hot springs, and more.
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and explore!
Images courtesy of Adventure Travel Trade Association
Backpackers.com Affiliate Policy: This article may contain affiliate links, which help fund our website. When you click on the links to purchase the gear we get a commission, and this goes a long way to creating guides, gear reviews, and other excellent content.