We’re out there in the snow-covered backcountry with the Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Southwest Pack, putting this backpack to the test.
Highlights of the Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Southwest Pack
- Superlight and robust main compartment is made with 100% waterproof Dyneema composite fabric
- Ideal when resupply points are less frequent and/or for equipment flexibility is needed
- 3 external, solid Hardline with Dyneema
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Hardline with Dyneema shoulder straps with 3/8 in. closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Roll-top closure system with side straps for vertical compression
- Top Y-strap compression is designed to secure gear
- Hardline with Dyneema hipbelt with 1/8 in. closed-cell rigid foam
- Zippered pockets on hipbelt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Ice axe loop
Initial Thoughts on the Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Southwest Pack
The Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Southwest Pack pack was great! I’m stoked to get it out more in an alpine mountaineering environment. It’s an extremely lightweight pack that is made for truly rough adventures in the backcountry.
What do you think of the Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Southwest Pack? Have you tested it yourself? Share your thoughts in a comment below.