We’re out there in the wilds with the Kelty Cosmic Down 20, putting this sleeping bag to the test.
Highlights of the Kelty Cosmic Down 20
- Trapezoidal baffle construction promotes heat retention and thermal efficiency
- 20-denier nylon taffeta outer shell is durable, yet buttery soft
- 50-denier polyester taffeta lining is ultrasmooth on your skin
- C0 and PFC-free durable water repellent (DWR) coating helps repel moisture
- Internal zippered stash pocket provides a convenient place to stash your camping needs
- Dual-sliding, locking anti-snag zipper makes it easy to get in and out
- Draft collar and hood help keep the hot air in and cold air out
- Spacious, natural-fit foot box allows more wiggle room for your toes
- Includes stuff sack
Initial Thoughts on the Kelty Cosmic Down 20
The Kelty Cosmic Down 20 sleeping bag is a staple in many a gear closet. We reviewed a previous version of the Cosmic Down in 2018, giving it high marks. This latest rendition is largely the same, with a few minor quality-of-life changes.
The current Cosmic Down is made a few ounces lighter, but down fill power has been sacrificed, dropping from 600 to 550. This also impacts the comfort temperature rating, raising it from 19 to 21 degrees. However, an internal zippered pocket has been added, which is a convenient addition to any sleeping bag — now you’ve got a secure spot to keep your phone warm while you sleep.
| || |
What do you think of the Kelty Cosmic Down 20? Have you tested it yourself? Share your thoughts in a comment below.