We’re out there in the snow with the REI Co-op First Chair GTX ePR Bib Pants, putting these bib pants to the test.
Highlights of the REI Co-op First Chair GTX ePR Bib Pants
- GORE-TEX ePE Technology offers premium 2-layer construction for top-notch windproof, waterproof, and breathable protection
- DWR Treatment ensures water repellency with moisture beading on the surface
- Mechanical stretch allows ease of movement for enhanced comfort
- Adjustable mid-height bib provides a customizable fit with straps and belt loops, accommodating layers underneath
- Snow-resistant design includes features like boot gaiters, scuff guard, and reinforced hems for durability in snowy conditions
- Features 2-way thigh vents for breathability, doubling as a drop tail adjustment
- Multiple pockets, including secure zipper storage
Initial Thoughts on the REI Co-op First Chair GTX ePR Bib Pants
I’ve been using the REI First Chair GTX ePR Bib Pants out here in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado this season and they’ve been a real treat! They’re lighter than my Gore-tex pro pants which is awesome because I don’t really need that excessive level of protection most of the time.
These REI bib pants breathe well and have huge side vents for dumping heat. I love that the integrated gaiters fit over my muck boots because that is actually my choice of footwear most of the time.
What do you think of the REI Co-op First Chair GTX ePR Bib Pants? Have you tested these yourself? Share your thoughts in a comment below.