We’re out there in the thick of it with the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ Tent, putting this camping and backpacking tent to the test.
Highlights of the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ Tent
- Superlight (SL) construction engineered for an impressive trail weight (3 lbs. 15 oz.)
- 2+ size floor plan boosts livable space for 2 people, plus gear— or a furry friend
- Pre-bent pole architecture boosts livable space
- Vertical side walls provide generous head and shoulder room
- Mesh panels in the upper portion of the tent improve ventilation and views
- Ripstop panels in the lower portion provide privacy, reduce drafts and exposure to blowing dust and dirt
- REI Exclusive tension-truss architecture creates stable vertical sidewalls
- 2 large D-shape doors offer a spacious yet lightweight solution for ease of coming and going
- 2 dual-stake vestibules offer easy access and additional covered storage
- Hubbed, color-coded pole assembly simplifies setup
- Pockets and hang loops help organize the interior
- Fly design allows sides and ends to be rolled up to maximize views and airflow
Initial Thoughts on the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ Tent
This is an incredible, spacious, and multifunctional tent. It’s surprisingly lightweight as a 2+ person tent, and I love how many interior pockets and clips there are. The Half Dome is ideal for all sorts of camping and backpacking trips.
| || |
See the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ Tent
What do you think of the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ Tent? Have you tested it yourself? Share your thoughts in a comment below.
Backpackers.com Review Policy: We do not accept payments or gifts from brands and vendors, and strive to provide unbiased, independent advice. Brands typically provide review samples which we return, and in some cases we purchase the item so we can keep using it long after the review.