We’re out there in the thick of it with the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ Tent, putting this camping and backpacking tent to the test.
Highlights of the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ Tent
- Superlight (SL) construction engineered for an impressive trail weight (3 lbs. 15 oz.)
- 2+ size floor plan boosts livable space for 2 people, plus gear— or a furry friend
- Pre-bent pole architecture boosts livable space
- Vertical side walls provide generous head and shoulder room
- Mesh panels in the upper portion of the tent improve ventilation and views
- Ripstop panels in the lower portion provide privacy, reduce drafts and exposure to blowing dust and dirt
- REI Exclusive tension-truss architecture creates stable vertical sidewalls
- 2 large D-shape doors offer a spacious yet lightweight solution for ease of coming and going
- 2 dual-stake vestibules offer easy access and additional covered storage
- Hubbed, color-coded pole assembly simplifies setup
- Pockets and hang loops help organize the interior
- Fly design allows sides and ends to be rolled up to maximize views and airflow
Initial Thoughts on the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ Tent
This is an incredible, spacious, and multifunctional tent. It’s surprisingly lightweight as a 2+ person tent, and I love how many interior pockets and clips there are. The Half Dome is ideal for all sorts of camping and backpacking trips.
| || |
What do you think of the REI Co-op Half Dome SL 2+ Tent? Have you tested it yourself? Share your thoughts in a comment below.